Monday, May 16, 2011

Kids are Awesome - Calgary Children Photographer


Last week I had the opportunity to shoot the Bright Explorations Preschool in Airdrie.

There are three classes, and about 18 students in each.  Class runs for about two hours, which when you do the math didn' leave me much time with each student to try to capture some of their true personalities as I usually try to do with these shoots.

The first day went really well, better than I had expected that's for sure.  Day two started out not so good.  The fire alarm went off just as class was about to start, and went on for quite some time.  For a while I thought I was going to have to reschedule that classes shoot for another day because just as soon as they got the alarm turned off and we were ready to go inside, it started again!  In the end we ended up losing almost an hour of the day because of it.  Day three went as good if not better than day one, so no complaints there!

I had all type of personalities to work with, some so excited to meet me and show me the classroom but then in front of the camera' they turned to the shyest you have ever met. Others started out shy and warmed up to me right away.  One little girl was so excited when I sat down beside her she pulled on my 'soul patch' (that tuff of facial hair under my lip...) It was quite hilarious!

All in all I had a great time, learnt a few things, met a ton of awesome children and had fun doing it!

Well enough of the talk lets get to the pictures already!


















 As always please feel free to leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment